Monday, May 4, 2009

Dagger or Dirk??


So I went into a really cool weapon shop the other day and I was looking at the knifes and daggers and such....I got really interested in them and started looking them up online when I got home... it seems that what I thought was a dagger is really called a dirk. I am so sillified. So apparently a dirk is a bit longer than a dagger. But then what is classified as a knife?? I am so intrigued and mystified and stumped! BtW: Isn't that a beautiful dirk/dagger/knife?? *wink*

9 comments:

  1. THAT DIRK IS GORGEOUS!!!
    It looks a lot like a Sgian Dhu, too! =D
    I WANT IT!!! *whimper*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know isn't it? What is Sgian Dhu?? I want it too!! *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! So It IS a knife! That's awesome! Weapons like that are so cool! My cousin has so many and I am jealous cause I only have one rusty old oily 'dirk'! Thanks C.Z.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The handle looks really cool. I remember reading about a dirk in one of the redwall books and pictured it as something similar to a dagger. Now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah... that's cool! Redwall is such a cool series isn't it? I love Brian Jaques! Castaways of the Flying Dutchman is a really good read by him! I love the handle as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read the castaway of the flying dutchman but I have read...ooooohhhh six or seven of the Redwall series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only read one of the redwall books but I really want to read them all once I figure out what order they are in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Castaways ect. book is really really good! I highly recomend it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! It's what keeps me going! Please make sure that your comments are kind and respectful. Thanks again!
Yours in Christ,
Lyceria